Most of the architecturally important buildings have since been demolished.
See also List of historic places in Greater Sudbury.
Tectonic controls of deposition of the Huronian and its paleoplacer uranium deposits, and of the pre-2.2 Ga deformation of these strata, were probably unrelated to processes that controlled deposition of the Animikie and Marquette Range sequences in the Lake Superior region at ∼2.0 Ga.
The Huronian, Animikie, and Marquette Range sequences were deformed during the ∼1.85 Ga Penokean orogeny which occurred when an assembly of island arc terranes collided with the Superior block.
The Sudbury structure, including the Whitewater Group and its contained sedex deposits and the Sudbury igneous complex and its NiCuPGE ores, were also formed at ∼1.85 Ga.
The Elliot Lake pyritic paleoplacer uranium ores, myriad lenses of radioactive pyritic gravels, were deposited by early Huronian fluvial systems.
A pathway depicting the Stations of the Cross was later added to the adjoining parkland in 1958.
This list includes only those neighbourhoods that fall within the pre-2001 city limits of Sudbury — for communities within the former suburban municipalities, see the articles Capreol, Nickel Centre, Onaping Falls, Rayside-Balfour, Valley East and Walden.
The grotto was erected in 1907 on the private estate of Frédéric Romanet du Caillaud, a wealthy lawyer, writer and nobleman from Limoges, France who became one of Sudbury's first significant private landowners after moving to the city five years earlier.
After Romanet du Caillaud's death, ownership of the site passed to a local businessman's family, and then to a succession of community committees.
The Flour Mill neighbourhood is centred on Notre-Dame Avenue and Kathleen Street, immediately north of downtown Sudbury, from Jogues Street to Wilma Street, including the New Flour Mill business area north of Wilma to the Pioneer Manor.
The neighbourhood around Leslie Street and Mountain Street was known as Primeauville, in honour of a local priest.