Which is the best brand for safety shoes
Safety shoes comparison 2021
In addition to the safety classes and the additional protective measures, you should also consider other criteria when looking for your personal safety shoe test winner. In our buying guide, we tell you what to think about when buying safety shoes.
2.1. Comfort and quality
Even if they are classed as work shoes, elegant business shoes made of leather for men and high heels for women are not classed as safety shoes. Nevertheless, there are also one or the other, albeit unwritten, rule:
- The shoes should not be open at the toes.
- Men choose a dark shoe that goes with the suit.
- Women choose a shoe that is good for walking and that is not too high.
One category that is particularly important when choosing is comfort. After all, you need to move around a lot when doing all kinds of work, so the shoe should be comfortable. Choose extra wide or narrow shoes for a better fit.
Danger: The shoe should still sit securely on the foot and not hinder you. In addition, the shoes are more comfortable to wear throughout the day if they are breathable. So no heat accumulates in the shoe.
2.2. Toe caps: choose material according to work area
Toe protection is an important part of safety shoes. It provides extra protection for the toe area. It has to withstand a lot of stress at work. For example, if something falls on your foot, gets trapped or comes into contact with heat, the protection can prevent worse.
The materials of the toe cap can be different, for example steel, aluminum, ceramic, titanium, carbon or plastic. The correct material depends heavily on the activity. If you don't work with heavy machinery, it doesn't have to be steel. In the care sector, for example, this can tend to hinder the work.
2.3. Sole: penetration-proof and non-slip
A puncture-proof sole is important for many professions because it prevents serious injury from stepping on something sharp. So-called penetration injuries occur mainly on construction sites. It is no longer necessary to use steel for protection. Many manufacturers use in-house materials that are similar to normal rubber soles. This makes them flexible and comfortable to wear. At the same time, there is security and the soles are cold and heat resistant.
A profiled and thus Non-slip soles are useful in many cases and even a requirement in some professions: For example in the kitchen, where grease makes the floor slippery, or on construction sites, where there may be oil on the floor.
2.4. Electrostatic Discharge: prevents electric shock
Electrostatic Discharge or ESD for short means electrostatic discharge. Shoes with this equipment can Discharge electrostatic charges and thus prevent electric shocks. Shoes are compulsory in ESD protection zones. They need special care in order to maintain their dissipative function. The following factors influence the effect:
- Properties of the surface
2.5. Brands and Manufacturers
Most brands specialize in shoes in general, including work shoes. Nike, Puma and Adidas are examples of sports brands that value a light, functional design that is reminiscent of sneakers in their safety shoes.
There are also Brands that develop shoes for special professional groups. Crocs, for example, are suitable for work in the care sector and kitchens. As with all safety shoes, however, pay attention to the regulations of your employer. Crocs are not allowed in some establishments.
- Engelbert Strauss
- Which subjects should I choose
- Why is it difficult to weld titanium
- Who are more patriotic Canadians or Bangladeshis
- Which companies have the largest monopolies today?
- What bores a narcissist
- Which European city is closest to Melbourne
- What should i do when i visit Mumbai
- What clothes do women need
- Is the backlink from BuzzFeed good
- Has the US Constitution ever changed?
- What is considered sacred literature in Hinduism
- What makes each chemical element unique
- Is a PhD from Great Britain recognized in Canada
- How did Siddhartha Gautama become a Buddha
- Man is more powerful than nature
- What is narcissism
- How can I learn double-entry bookkeeping
- How do you get the required respect
- Can men stop vetting women?
- How safe is Canada for immigrants
- Are women more intuitive than men
- Who ruled Mewar after Maharana Pratap
- How does a child recognize its mother
- Which wrist watch has the maximum properties