What is a nationalist
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Na | ti | o | na | list, Plural: Na | ti | o | na | lists
- IPA: [naʦi̯onaˈlɪst], Plural: [naʦi̯onaˈlɪstn̩]
- 1) supporters / representatives of nationalism; someone who puts the interests of their own nation above all others
- proven to mean “national thinking” since 1740, as a political catchphrase under the influence of French nationalism since the 19th century
- structural: derivation to national with the derivative (derivative morpheme) -is
- 1) nationalist
- 1) “My grandparents and my great-grandmother had to leave their homeland as early as 1930, when more and more Muslims were victims of violence by Serbians Nationalists were. "
- Nominative: singular the nationalist; Plural the nationalists
- Genitive: singular of the nationalist; Plural of the nationalists
- Dative: singular the nationalist; Plural the nationalists
- Accusative: singular the nationalists; Plural the nationalists
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The nationalist Milorad Dodik (59) is campaigning for the Republic of Srpska to split off from Bosnia.“
BILD.de, October 8, 2018
„The Serbian nationalist Milorad Dodik moves to the head of state of Bosnia-Herzegovina. He sits on the highest political body in the country he wants to smash.“
Spiegel Online, October 8, 2018
„In Kiev have a few thousand Nationalists and right-wing extremists demonstrated.“
dradio.de, October 14, 2018
„In Kiev there are clashes between in front of the parliament building on Thursday Nationalists and the police came.“
Sputnik Germany, September 20, 2018
„Wallonia is becoming more left-wing, while the more moderate ones hold their own in Flanders Nationalists.“
DiePresse.com, October 15, 2018
„Parts of the party are classified as right-wing extremists, but there is silence among the AfD leadership. Has the völkisch nationalist Björn Höcke already under control of the party?“
Spiegel Online, March 13, 2020
„The nationalist and the environmental activist embody two mass movements that have something in common. The zeitgeist is on their side.“
NZZ, January 24, 2020
„The Hungarian composer Bela Bartok died 75 years ago. He saw himself as nationalist and despised the Horthy fascists. Popular premodern and avant-garde merge in his best compositions.“
young world, September 25, 2020
„In the presidential election in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, the one supported by Ankara sits down nationalist Ersin Tatar against the previous incumbent. The Turkish head of state Erdogan welcomes the victory.“
Frankfurter Rundschau, October 19, 2020
„As the electoral council in Nicosia announced on Sunday evening, the right-wing scored nationalist Tatar 51 percent of the vote. The head of state of Turkey, which is the only country to recognize the Republic of Northern Cyprus, welcomed the result.“
24matins, October 18, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary that contain "nationalist":
nationalism: ... the chances for peace are greater. ”(John Kenneth Galbraith) Derived words: nationalist, nationalist, nationalistic Translations Chinese (simplified): ...
chauvinist: Hurrapatriot, Nationalist Opposite words: 1) Feminist Superordinate terms: 2) Ideologists application examples: 1) He presents himself to some women as a real chauvinist
national: ... national drink, national hero, national anthem, nationalize, nationalization, nationalism, nationalist, nationalistic, nationality, nationality conflict ...
nationalist: anti-nationalist, non-nationalist Derived words: Nationalismus, Nationalist, Nationalistin Translations English: nationalistic French: nationaliste Spanish: nacionalista
socialist: Communist, conservative, liberal, leftist, nationalist, right wing Examples of use: 1) Socialists stand up for social justice
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Nationalist" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (20.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Nationalist/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Write a usage hint or an example and help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Nationalists (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Na | ti | o | na | lis | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Nationalist (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular die nationalistin; Most of the nationalists ...
Nationalists (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Na | ti | o | na | lis | tin | nen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
nationality (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular nationality; Plural nationalities genitive: ...
Nationalities (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Na | ti | o | na | li | ta | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
National goalkeeper (German) Part of speech: Noun, (male) Cases: Nominative: Einzahl der Nationalkeeper; Most national goalkeepers ...
National goalkeeper (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular die Nationalkeeperin; Majority of the ...
National goalkeepers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Na | ti | o | nal | kee | pe | rin | nen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
National keepers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Na | ti | o | nal | kee | pern Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
National Keepers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Na | ti | o | nal | kee | pers Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
National team (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular national team; Majority of national teams ...
National teams (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Na | ti | o | nal | mann | schaf | ten Grammatical features: nominative ...
- What is your most valuable object
- How can I trade gold online
- In which country are extroverts celebrated
- Why shouldn't a film be rated?
- In your opinion, what is self-esteem
- Chrysler is part of GM
- Is Nikkah acceptable at 15 years old
- What causes the feet to turn outwards
- Is public prayer okay at school?
- Why is K Pop so popular around the world
- To what extent does McDonalds exploit workers
- Australia is a British overseas territory
- How good is a 3 87 GPA
- Can Matteo Salvini speak English
- Will South Korea ever get past Japan economically?
- Hates the RSS guide Bengal
- What is the best tattoo kit set
- Do vegans meet non-vegans
- What makes a good diplomat?
- Could a co-addict turn into a narcissist?
- Generalized bad
- Which country is smarter
- How to Join a Pvt Ltd Company
- What does unified citizenship mean in India