What are the career opportunities in pharmacy
In the pharmacy degree, you combine knowledge from the Natural sciences and the medicineto understand how drugs work. You gain an insight into the exploration of Medicinal products and their safe delivery to doctors and patients. If you enjoy working in the natural sciences and are interested in medicine, pharmacy is an attractive course of study excellent career opportunities.
What course content can I expect?
Ask current students
Interested students ask
Your pharmacy degree is divided into two phases, that reason- and the Main course. Both last together 8 semesters and combine scientific studies and practical training. In the basic course you acquire basic pharmaceutical knowledge in lectures, exercises and seminars. You will write term papers and exams, prepare presentations and carry out laboratory experiments.
After 4 semesters you will take the exam 1st state examination from. This is followed by another 4 semesters in which you deepen and expand your specialist knowledge. You finish your pharmacy studies with the 2nd state examination. If you want to work as a pharmacist after completing your pharmacy studies, you must also complete practical training lasting one year. According to the requirements of the licensing regulations for pharmacists (AAppO), you will then take part in a pharmaceutical examination. If you pass this, you can do yours License to practice apply for.
Which conditions do I have to fullfill?
To start a pharmacy degree, you have to have a good one High School and take part in a central application process. The portal University start regulates the allocation of study places. These are through one Numerus clausus (NC) limited. In recent years, the selection limit has been 1.4 to 2.4, depending on the location. If your graduation is not that good, you also have the chance of a study place via the replacement procedure or with a few waiting semesters.
Is the degree program right for me?
As in many scientific subjects, a doctorate is also worthwhile after studying pharmacy. Whether you are interested in a position in the public service or in the pharmaceutical industry - the PhD always shows up on the paycheck.
Especially in the areas of pharmaceutical development and technology, you increase your chances of a steep career in industry. Because as an industrial doctoral student, you research products that your company can bring to market. Most large companies support you with one for your work scholarship.
Profession, career & salary
- Why don't you like Brooklyn Nine Nine
- What are the scariest predators in the world
- Will these signs ever go away?
- What are some Native American surnames
- Who are the Least Narcissistic Celebrities?
- Who are the Brexit Party
- How to write abbreviations
- Why are aircraft carriers making changes to the runway
- Why should we follow moral norms
- ESPN How much PTI is written in scripts
- What is a marriage letter for immigration
- Hit EMI on Sunday
- Why is the NHS so important
- Do tongue rings hurt
- How can I stop period pains forever
- The right of veto is really important
- What is Foxconn's Compensation Policy
- What is the secret of growing old
- How do Vietnam’s consumers shop online
- Why is pizza so expensive at Dominoes
- What happens at Quora meetings
- Who are your parents
- How is environmental technology at the DTU
- Are there dark-skinned Arabs