Is it worth practicing mindfulness in cold weather?
50 mindfulness exercises:This is how you become more mindful
8. Perceive breath
Sit in a quiet place where you are completely undisturbed. Close your eyes and consciously pay attention to your breath. At first, you will find that your breath is not even. If you count in your mind, your inhalation will certainly be different than your exhalation. Do not force a steady breath, but breathe calmly and slowly until it automatically adjusts and you breathe in as long as you breathe out. Breathing consciously is one of the most important exercises in mindfulness training. In everyday life we tend to breathe too shallowly. If you observe and perceive your breath, you can sharpen your awareness of it and take active countermeasures in situations in which you are “breathless”. Various breathing exercises (pranayama) can help you with this.
Consciously take time for yourself. Choose a time during the week when you do yourself good and appoint me-time. This can be a relaxing bath, a good dinner or simply spending time on the couch with an exciting book. You decide how you want to design your Me-Time. This promotes self-love and helps you to become more relaxed. Also, record the appointment in your calendar so that you don't miss it.
10. Mindful walking
Fresh air is good for you and is important! A walk is ideal if you want to free yourself from negative thoughts and want to deal with yourself and nature. Be careful on this walk and take in your impressions. What do you see? Do you smell something in particular? Walking for ten minutes a day is enough to relax your body. You can combine this exercise with mindful walking.
11. Walk barefoot
Our feet are not born for shoes: we need freedom. Based on the previous exercise, mindful walking, use the walk to give your feet this freedom when the weather permits. In this way you experience nature even more intensely. But you can also consciously use the corridor in your bathroom in the morning to be aware of the floor below you. What do you feel It's cold? How does the surface feel that you walk on?
12. Find new ways
Instead of taking the usual route to work or the grocery store, take a new direction and find a new route. Perhaps the new path offers a lot more nature, beautiful corners or a café that you would like to visit. In this way you discover new things and become more aware of your surroundings.
- How do I not hesitate so much
- What are some special experiences
- Is it bad to loathe yourself
- How did Batman beat the Justice League
- What are the best tattoo designs
- How do I train a child in the pot
- There can be more than one rainbow
- Is life monotonous
- What is a pressure force
- How to make sweet potato fries
- How is student life in Ostrava
- Australia is a British overseas territory
- What are some interesting collectibles
- When to read Quora's answers
- Do countries still have debtor prisons
- Englishmen are smarter than Americans
- What is payment counter and payment gateway
- Regrets Batman for being Batman
- When was the Great Wall built?
- What are some examples of suitable technology
- Why didn't Christianity spread to the east?
- What is the Singapore exchange rate
- Where is Hell 1
- Nicole Richie fought against addiction