What is Pauling's electronegativity value
What is Electronegativity? Definition and explanation ...
The Electronegativity (sometimes incorrectly referred to as electron negativity) is a measure of an atom's ability to attract electrons. This property depends on the one hand on the atomic radius. The smaller the distance between the atomic nucleus and the valence electrons, the stronger the attraction of the atomic nucleus acts on other electrons. On the other hand, attraction itself also plays a role. The higher the atomic number, the stronger the general attraction of the atomic nucleus. This gives the following picture in the periodic table:
Electronegativity increases from left to right in the periodic table and decreases from top to bottom. The fact that the electronegativity does not increase with an increasing atomic number is due to the fact that with each period of the periodic table a further electron shell is added. This potentially reduces the force of attraction of the atomic nucleus on the outermost shell.
The term electronegativity goes back to the American chemist Linus Pauling. His calculations are the basis for the Pauling scale, within which the electronegativity of the elements can be read. However, the values in the literature are mostly not uniform, because in addition to Pauling's original values there is also an updated table of values. Furthermore, the electronegativity is sometimes also given from the Allred-Rochow scale or Mulliken scale, which are based on other calculation methods.
- HCl is a product based company
- How do I lay an electrical cable
- Which bra should you wear before sex?
- Should I be a nurse?
- What does the Punjabi word Sataaran mean
- Is the BLACKPINK group good
- Why do bronze and brass turn green
- Do private parties take place in India
- When do you stop having dreams?
- How is the current situation in Assam
- What are the psychological benefits of minimalism
- Is aging really that bad?
- What are Versace Jeans
- What is the importance of beach tourism
- Is civilization a disease?
- Genetic diseases are insured
- Which emotions are great for anger?
- How intense is ayahuasca
- What is your profile picture
- Are rifles from the Second World War completely out of date
- What is it like to be Indian Hindu
- When was the Philippines discovered 1
- What is the definition of populism 1
- What should I know about American men