How much can the height vary each day
General information on childcare allowance
to English speaking version
to the English version
For parents and their childrenfrom March 1, 2017 new rules apply to childcare allowance. As a new one Flat rate system from then on a central "Child care allowance account"The previous one remains Income-related childcare allowance.
Each system has different effects (e.g. in the case of additional earnings limits or supplementary benefits such as multiple allowance and allowance). In order to choose the best possible system in each individual case, it is therefore advisable to weigh up the differences.
The height of the childcare allowance depends on the type of benefit you have chosen. You can choose between the following service variants:
Child care allowance account (Pauschales childcare allowance)
In order to be able to receive the lump-sum childcare allowance, the general eligibility requirements must be met.
As a lump-sum childcare allowance for births from March 1, 2017 the childcare allowance account is available:
14.53 euros to 33.88 euros per day (depending on the selected period)
The monthly amount can vary somewhat, depending on whether the month has 28, 29, 30 or 31 days.
Change of variant
Each selected entitlement period (e.g. 365, 366, 367 days, etc.) corresponds to a variant.
The variant can be changed once per child under certain conditions. As a result, the parents are treated as if they had applied for a different variant from the start. The daily amounts can change for past periods, but the reference periods cannot be changed retrospectively. The second parent is bound by the change. A corresponding application must be submitted in good time. For more information, please contact your health insurance company before submitting your application.
Income-related childcare allowance
In addition to the general, special eligibility requirements apply to income-related childcare allowance.
Special eligibility requirements
- It has to be in the 182 calendar days before the birth of the child/before maternity leavea in AustriaEmployment subject to health and pension insurancecontinuously be exercised.
- During this period, it may also be used alongside gainful employment no benefit from unemployment insurance (Unemployment benefit, emergency assistance, further training benefit etc.).
- Employment interruptions out of a total of up to 14 days are irrelevant.
- Illness or vacation leave in the case of an ongoing employment relationship with continued payment of wages by the employer do not constitute interruptions.
Such employment equated apply exclusively
- Periods of maternity leave and periods of parental leave according to the Maternity Protection Act (up to max. The 2nd birthday of an older child), provided that the employment relationship is upheld during this period, or
- Periods of parental leave according to the Parental Leave Act (up to max. The 2nd birthday of an older child), provided that the employment relationship is upheld during this period, or
- Periods similar to maternity leave for the self-employed, tradespeople and farmers (temporary interruption of employment for the purpose of bringing up children up to the child's 2nd birthday, e.g. registration of the business being closed, but not deregistration),
provided in the 182 days immediately before a actually exercised gainful employment subject to health and pension insurance in Austria has been.
Both parents are to the system applied for of income-related childcare allowance bound.
The income-related childcare allowance is available as follows:
Suspension of child care allowance
The childcare allowance is suspended during the entitlement to maternity allowance or similar benefits (e.g. continued salary payments to civil servants, supplementary allowances to contract employees) or during the entitlement to operational assistance after the birth, so that the payment only begins after maternity leave. In this case, the purchase will not be extended!
Child care allowance for several children
You always receive childcare allowance only for the youngest child. If another child is born during the period of the reference, the entitlement for the older child ends on the day before the younger child is born. The childcare allowance must be applied for again for the newborn and will then be paid out for the newborn. The same applies to adoptive and foster children.
The birth of any further child must be reported immediately to the body responsible for childcare allowance at the health insurance company (mandatory notification). Incorrectly drawn childcare allowance for the older child must be repaid.
With the child care allowance account, the child care allowance for the second and each additional multiple child increases by 50 percent of the respective daily amount. The daily amount is based on the chosen period of withdrawal. For twins the daily amount is 1.5 times, for triplets it is double, and so on.
All eligibility requirements must be met for all children.
At theincome-related childcare allowance is thereno multiple surcharge.
Labor law framework
Mothers / fathers who are gainfully employed (i.e. employees) are entitled to parental leave from their employer. Parental leave means release from work against loss of pay. The right to parental leave exists at the longest up to the end of the 2nd year of life (day before the 2nd birthday) of the child. The minimum period of parental leave is two months.
Further information on the subject of "parental leave" can be found at oesterreich.gv.at .gv.at.
Mothers / fathers are entitled to part-time employment if certain requirements are met. This can be exercised regardless of whether you have previously taken parental leave.
The conditions under which the employer is entitled to part-time employment and the conditions under which such can be agreed as well as further information on the subject can be found at oesterreich.gv.at.
Social law framework
Recipients of childcare allowance are generally covered by health insurance. A separate application is not necessary for this.
For the periods of child-rearing from January 1, 2005, there is compulsory pension insurance for the first four years from the birth of the child (in the case of multiple births, for the first five years from the birth of the children). As a result, contribution times are acquired.
- What does a pentagram necklace mean
- How do I stop suffering for love
- Why do I always feel lonely
- Will the US go to war?
- Can we still smoke on some planes?
- Is the national NRC citizenship demonstration
- How can I get a sugar mom
- ENTPs can be shy
- Can INTJs have fun
- What are the best laptops in Canada
- Think that understanding yourself is easy
- What happened after the battles of Panipat
- Which fruits taste better cooked than fresh?
- Australia is a British overseas territory
- You can fully recover from Lyme disease
- Is it overrated to be rich and why
- Who are more patriotic Canadians or Bangladeshis
- Can AI replace the human brain?
- How do you manage site development
- Is selling alcohol a crime in India?
- How is history class in PRC
- Does emotional pain change someone mentally
- How do Apis earn money
- What guitar does Buckethead play