Can psychopaths have a borderline personality disorder
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
Affected people experience themselves as victims of their own violent mood and emotional fluctuations, which can lead to extreme internal tension, which is then experienced as unbearable and painful. Many employ self-harming behaviors to ease this tension. Above all, many feel little or no pain during periods of extreme tension. Self-harm, drug use, and high-risk activities relieve tension immediately, but quickly turn into addictive problem behaviors. People who suffer from borderline personality disorder feel torn inside, have a disturbed self-image and a disturbed body awareness. They suffer from massive fears of being alone and unstable relationships.
The term borderline personality disorders (borderline: "Grenzlinie") originates from the fact that, according to psychoanalytic understanding, those affected were settled in a kind of transition area between neurotic and psychotic disorders, since symptoms from both areas were identified. According to the classification system of the World Health Organization (WHO), Borderline personality disorder is now regarded as a sub-form of emotionally unstable personality disorder. The disorder often occurs together with other personality disorders (comorbidity). Knowledge about the disease has grown considerably in recent years. It is therefore certain that an interplay between genetic Factors and in many cases early traumatic experiences are responsible for the development of the borderline disorder: over half of those affected report serious abuse, over 60% from emotional neglect, but almost all of them report a social one it is an environment in which they have experienced themselves to a large extent as strange, endangered and humiliated.
About 3 percent of the population suffer from borderline disorder. The first signs usually appear in adolescence. About the same number of men and women seem to be affected, even if significantly more women seek therapy. More than 60% of those affected have committed at least one suicide attempt, which shows the importance of treatment.
- What is textile design
- Is C and Unity easy to learn
- What is the price of citrine stone
- Guyana is a bordering country of Brazil
- How common are scholarships for MBA programs
- How did you beat your fate
- What are ghost hunters doing
- Is Poloniex Exchange safe for crypto trading
- Why are patients called patients
- Is Jamaica part of the Anglosphaere
- Is sodium chloride electrovalent
- Why are coding interviews so difficult
- What are the best preschools in Bangalore
- Stanford accepts the IB Diploma
- What is the population of New Zealand
- What are the people's opinions on Assam
- Did plants evolve before animals?
- What do German teenagers wear
- Has there ever been nude swimming in school?
- How much is amber worth
- What is special about Vietnam
- What are the different types of diamonds
- What is the etymology of the connection
- How are positions changed in volleyball