What metals are exported from India
EU exports many millions of tons of metal - as waste
In 2019, the EU exported around 31 million tonnes of waste worth EUR 13.4 billion.
Ferrous metal waste such as scrap iron and various types of steel made up half of all waste exports in the EU in 2019, according to Eurostat. Their value was around 15.6 billion euros. Two thirds or 9.9 million tons of it went to Turkey. Almost a third of the 4.2 million tons of imported ferrous metal waste came from Great Britain. A significant amount of paper waste was also exported from the EU. The 5.8 million tons of paper waste make up almost 20 percent of waste exports, 1.1 million tons of which went to India and 0.7 million tons to Turkey.
The main destination of the waste exported by the 27 EU countries is Turkey, where around 11.4 million tons go, as reported by Eurostat. According to the statistics authority based in Luxembourg, the volume has tripled since 2004.
In second place is India with 2.9 million tons, followed by Great Britain (1.9 million tons), Switzerland (1.6 million tons) and Norway (1.5 million tons). Indonesia recorded high growth. While 0.4 million tons of waste were exported in 2016, according to Eurostat it was 1.3 million tons in 2019. In contrast, garbage exports to China have declined. In 2009 a peak value of 10.1 million tons was reached, in 2019 it was only 1.2 million tons.
Overall, the European Union's garbage exports to non-EU countries have increased by around two thirds since 2004, according to the statistics authority. In contrast, imports of waste from third countries fell in both the long and the short term. In 2019 it was 16.7 million tons with a value of 12.8 billion euros (minus two percent compared to the previous year and minus six percent compared to 2004).
The imported garbage comes mainly from the former EU member Great Britain and amounted to four million tons. This was the lowest value since 2004, the decrease compared to the previous year was twelve percent. In second place is the EEA country Norway, followed by Switzerland, the USA and Russia. (apa / red)
- Is Lake Nasser safe for swimming
- How does McDonalds stay number 1
- Which ideology does it make left or right
- What is the best way to learn Punjabi
- What is kva rating
- How to Avoid Lyft Surge Pricing
- What is the best treatment for Vitiligo
- What are the benefits of being Indonesian
- Is India per China or per America
- What are the Similarities of Filipinos
- Donald Trump is a coward
- Owned by Great Britain, Australia
- Can pancakes be frozen
- Who was Reinhard Heydrich
- What is diplomacy
- Like life at the age of 40
- How does China monitor its citizens?
- Anal sex feels like feces
- When was the Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth founded?
- Have you thought about getting married again?
- Where do you sell diamonds
- What is a baby registration
- How can I avoid Google products
- Who supported apartheid?