How can Singapore conquer China
The Chinese are conquering the world
Singapore, the next stop on our tour, is definitely worth the trip. But not always, as we found out. Sometimes it's probably better to come back later.
We had already met many Chinese visitors in Dubai. We had suspected that there would be even more in Singapore - after all, it was New Year, the year of the dog. Several work colleagues had warned me that it would be a lot more crowded in Singapore at this time. But so full? We didn't expect that!
Then I wanted to know more, so I leafed through the official statistics of the tourism authority - and lo and behold, the numbers speak for themselves: While in 2007 “only” 1.1 million Chinese traveled to Singapore, which roughly corresponds to the number of visitors from continental Europe , there were already two million in 2012 and 3.2 million in 2017. What a development!
The Chinese are not alone. The number of visitors from India is also growing rapidly: between 2007 and 2017 their number doubled to 1.3 million.
In many places I was happy to be able to use my few bits of Chinese - at least English didn't help us everywhere. The situation was most extreme in a shopping center called T Galleria, where the coveted luxury brands from East and West are “tax free”. Every two minutes, busloads of Chinese tourists poured out in front of the entrance. As “Westerners” we were definitely out of place there.
Coffee trip in Chinese. A business model that is obviously thriving across Asia and Oceania. The Chinese purchasing consultants in Frankfurt, on the other hand, are just little fish.
Too many tourists are not only a blessing, but in the long term can also become a curse for a place like Singapore in my opinion. A place that runs the risk of no longer developing steadily in view of the flow of tourists. For us, when it comes to tourism, Singapore has always been the epitome of extremely high quality and innovation. Subjectively, Singapore falls behind here. One or the other renovation is postponed, true to the motto that the room sells that way.
- What information do public companies publish
- What is bad outlook on life
- Why should nationalism outweigh regionalism?
- How long did nationalism last
- What supplements help with Hashimoto's disease
- Is life as a minimalist more fulfilling
- What is the definition of dyadic communication
- How do people become master manipulators
- How humiliating are strip searches
- What are the most common causes of fire
- What is a VED analysis
- How do people influence life on earth
- What are important things in life
- Why should I obey my elders
- Matches expired on tinder
- What small changes can make life meaningful?
- What does meaningless futility mean
- What gluten free
- Is domestic violence ever justified?
- What is your favorite makeup set
- What role does POEA
- What's the story behind fanfiction
- What are anti-miscegenation laws
- What is the importance of the African philosophy
- What are your current religious beliefs
- When should I switch my BPO jobs?
- How do I buy a turquoise
- What spices are used in paella
- What is Schroepfen 1
- Halo Reach is a prequel
- What are the basic beliefs of Marxism
- Was Jesus left wing or right wing?
- Why did the British decolonize
- How does it feel to be knocked out