Are Knoedel and Pakouda the same
Crispy bhajias are better known to Indians in the UK and East Africa than they are in India. These are potato pakoras, which are made from thinly sliced potatoes covered with a batter. The rice or corn flour added to the dough make the bhajias crispy. Some people add freshly ground (soaked) rice to the batter but I skip this step and use rice / cornmeal instead.
Servings: 4 (as a side dish)
150-200g Chickpea flour
5 tbsp Rice flour or polenta
½-1 teaspoon chili powder
Some freshly ground pepper
½-1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon king cumin (Ajma, optional)
Price of baking powder (optional)
5-6 tbsp coriander, chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, pressed or cut very small
2-3 green chili peppers, cut very small
1 piece of ginger, approx. 2 cm long, grated
3 large Potatoes, peeled and cut into very thin slices
1L deep-frying oil
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the water, potatoes and oil.
2. Add some water to this flour mixture - enough to form a thick paste.
3. Put the potatoes in the same bowl and mix well so that each slice is coated. Let it rest for about 5-10 minutes.
4. On medium heat, heat the oil in a large pan / saucepan.
5. Fry the potato slices (a few pieces on the same side) until they are golden brown; please turn a few times. Take out the bhajias with a slotted spoon and put them on a plate lined with paper towels.
6. Repeat the process until all of the potatoes are fried. Serve warm with this tomato chutney.
- What happened to steampunk
- How to cook frozen spinach
- How can I become another person?
- What is a bug leak when testing software
- Can I make money on the internet
- How can an extrovert deal with introverts
- Who supported apartheid?
- Has America ever achieved independence from Great Britain?
- Why don't some people like to cook?
- Is Christiano Ronaldo gay
- Is Brexit over? Discuss
- What is your opinion on jacksfilms
- Has your advice ever saved a life?
- Should we no longer have monarchs
- Who is the worst player in cricket
- Is Calgary Alberta dangerous
- Is international love marriage is safe
- Why is Adidas Yeezy limited
- Why do people fear old age
- What are the lesson times at Galgotias
- What makes Zen Buddhism unique
- Why are factory workers turned
- Are design patterns bad
- How is China in your eyes