What are some good things about China
As a China tour operator, we are happy to share our knowledge and experience with you. But it is best to experience it locally when you meet people and tell you about their favorite places. Take a look at our trips to China!
Good to know...
People's Republic of China: 中华人民共和国, Pinyin: Zhōnghuá Rénmín Gònghéguó
Banner:The national flag of China shows 1 large and 4 small stars on a red background: The red stands for communism, the stars symbolize China, Manchuria, Mongolia, Xinjiang and Tibet. They also stand for the leadership of the communist party, the smaller stars for the four classes: workers, peasants, petty bourgeoisie, the national bourgeoisie.
Location: China is located in the northern hemisphere in the east of the Asian continent
Surface: approx. 9.6 million km² - that means that China is almost as big as the whole of Europe (10,180,000 km²)
Residents: about 1.41 billion
- 北京, Pinyin Běijīng
- approx. 23 million inhabitants including the surrounding area belonging to the administration
Experience Beijing flexibly with our Beijing travel module
Largest cities (by administrative unit)
Chongqing (30 million), Shanghai (24.5 million); Beijing (23 million); Chengdu (14.5 million), Guangzhou (12.7 million), Shenzhen (12.5 million), Tianjin (12.3 million), Xi'an (8.7 million), Dongguan (8.2 million), Nanjing (8.2 million)
92% Han Chinese and 55 other officially recognized “national minorities”; e.g. Zhuang: 17 million, Hui: 11 million, Manchu: 10 million, Uyghur: 12 million, Miao: 9 million, Yi: 9 million
Discover the colorful peoples of the south: magical southern China
The official language is "Putonghua" (also known as "Standard Chinese" or "Mandarin"); numerous local dialects (e.g. Cantonese, Shanghai-Chinese) and languages of the ethnic minorities (e.g. Tibetan, Uighur)
22 provinces, 5 autonomous regions, 4 cities with direct government and 2 special administrative areas (Hong Kong and Macao).
- The length of all borders is 22,457 km
- Length of the Chinese coastline: 14,500 km
- China borders 14 countries: Afghanistan, Bhutan, India, Kazakhstan, North Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan, Vietnam
Fun fact: In China there is a heating boundary that runs roughly parallel to the Yangtze River: to the north of it, state district heating is used for heating, to the south it is not.
- Yangtze (6,300 km)
- Huanghe "Yellow River" (4,850 km)
- Zhu Jiang "Pearl River" (2,200 km)
The Yangtze (Changjiang) is the longest river in China and the third longest river in the world after the Nile and the Amazon. A river cruise on the Yangtze is the highlight of a tour of China for many.More
The Himalaya is the highest and longest mountain range in China. The highest peak is Qomolangma (Mount Everest) at 8,848 m. Other high mountains with peaks over 5,000 meters are the Kunlun, Pamir, Tian-Shan and Bayankala mountains.
Our Tibet tours are carried out with 2 or more participants and are accompanied by Tibetan tour guides: Example: Tibet with trekking around Mt. Kailash
Or for those of you who want to experience it a little more comfortably: Across China by train - including the Tibet train!
Buddhism: Jiuhua Shan (Anhui), Emei Shan (Sichuan), Wutai Shan (Shanxi), Putuo Shan (Zhejiang)
Daoism: Tai Shan (Shandong), Heng Shan (Hunan), Song Shan (Henan), Hua Shan (Shaanxi), Heng Shan (Shanxi)
The Great Wall of China 长城, Pinyin Chángchéng stretches from Bohai Bay in the east to the Taklamakan Desert in the west. According to the latest research, the wall should be over 21,000 kilometers long, depending on which parts are included. The core route is around 2,500 kilometers. The construction of the wall began around 2,000 years ago. The easiest way to visit the Great Wall near Beijing is. We recommend the beautiful and less visited section at Huanghuacheng:More
In the heartland temperate and oceanic climate with four clearly distinguishable seasons, in the north and west mainly continental climate (cold winters, hot summers); China's south is generally subtropical, in the extreme south even a tropical climate (warm and humid all year round)
Gross domestic product (per capita in 2011):
$ 5,414; Adjusted for purchasing power USD 8,382 (Germany USD 43,742, adjusted for purchasing power USD 37,897)
- New Year 01.01.
- National holiday 01.10.
- Labor Day 01.05.
Public holidays calculated according to the Chinese calendar and therefore movable are:
- Chinese New Year / Spring Festival "Chun Jie" (usually in early February)
- Festival of the Dead “Qingming Jie” (106th day after the winter solstice, i.e. around April 4th / 5th)
- Dragon boat festival "Duanwu Jie" (mostly in mid-June)
- Mid-Autumn Festival “Zhongqiu Jie” (mostly September)
Buddhism, Daoism, Christianity, the majority are officially non-denominational
UNESCO World Heritage:
The world heritage in China includes (as of 2019) 55 UNESCO world heritage sites, including 37 world cultural heritage sites, 14 world natural heritage sites and 4 mixed cultural and natural heritage sites
You can learn more about China, its sights and its peculiarities on our blog:
To the blog
(updated in August 2019)
- What makes a person ethnically Turkish
- What is the limit of expectation
- Should only whites pay for reparations
- How lucky am I 1
- Hair serum damages hair
- Can American citizens lose their citizenship?
- What is Electrical Technician Skills
- How can I spend my free time
- How is the governor of the RBI in 2017
- How is the great eastern maritime society doing
- Canadian immigration is a big scam
- What is the value of a diamond
- Which country produces the brightest people
- Which country is best for fashion design
- Delaying violence leads to greater violence
- What is the best payment service
- How can I make badminton a job?
- What are the knowledge pages
- How are diamonds considered an investment in India
- Do we actually need linguists and linguists
- Can you learn ballet in your 20's
- Australia has corruption
- Is Islam a militant religion?
- What made the extreme right so radical?