Who was the original War Machine actor
- Dietmar miracle
- Simon hunter
History [edit | Edit source]
Iron Man [edit | Edit source]
Ltd. Rhodes is the liaison between Stark Industries and the military and is also a good friend of Tony. He also takes part in the arms demonstration in Afghanistan, but cannot prevent Tony's kidnapping. But Rhodey is one of those who pick up Tony after his escape in the desert.
Later, after Tony put an end to the Ten Rings attacks in the Middle East and was attacked by Air Force fighter jets on his return flight, Rhodey lies at a press conference to protect his friend. When Tony wants to go into the fight against the Iron Monger, he asks Rhodey to keep the sky clear for him.
Iron Man 2 Edit source]
Ltd. Rhodes' patience breaks when the heavily drunk Tony doesn't finish a party. When it gets more and more dangerous and Tony starts fooling around with his Mark IV armor, Rhodey puts on the Mark II armor and the two of them fight. Tony Rhodey also gives his superhero name (sarcastically: "You want to be War Machine?") After the exchange of blows, Rhodey steals the Mark II and hands it over to the military.
The suit is then modified by Justin Hammer and later serves as the figurehead for the new Hammer drones, again with Rhodey as the suit's pilot. What Hammer didn't expect is that Ivan Vanko, who was responsible for converting the drones, has his own plans for the drones. He takes over the drones and war machine via remote control to kill Iron Man. Happy Hogan and Black Widow manage to interrupt the remote control. Ivan Vanko has already fled to face Iron Man directly. Iron Man and War Machine manage to defeat him together.
Iron Man 3 Edit source]
War Machine is renamed Iron Patriot by the US government because some felt that War Machine sounded too aggressive. The public had different opinions about this name change. Rhodey himself was apparently not that taken with the name change either.
In the course of the plot, the Iron Patriot suit is stolen from A. I. M. and used in the kidnapping of the President of the United States of America. Together with Tony, he makes the wrong mandarin. This tells them what the goal of Aldrich Killian, the leader of A.I.M. is. Together with Tony he sets out to save President Ellis. After rescuing the president, Rhodey is reunited with his armor, whereupon he brings Ellis to safety.
Avengers: Age of Ultron Edit source]
Rhodey is at the party in the Avengers Tower after Baron von Strucker and HYDRA are defeated. There he tries to share his exploits, but the Avengers are not impressed. Later he helps fight Ultron and evacuate people in Sokovia. So he switches off a number of Ultrons drones that want to fire on the helicarrier. Here he wears his armor from Iron Man 3, which is again in the original War Machine livery, the War Machine Mark II.
At the end of the film he is one of the recruits who are being trained into a new team by Captain America and Black Widow.
The First Avenger: Civil War [edit | Edit source]
Rhodes agrees to the contract that the superheroes have in hand. Of all the characters, he's probably the one who's the clearest, as he's been fighting for the United States almost since the beginning of his career as a War Machine / Iron Patriot. In addition, he always stands by his friend Tony Stark / Iron Man.
Like Iron Man, he gets into a quarrel with Captain America and speaks about it (Rhodes to Cap: "Congratulations, you just became a criminal") Later, during the fight, the arc reactor of his armor is accidentally destroyed by Vision when Rhodes chases Captain America and Bucky in their jet. He loses control of his armor, crashes and cannot be caught by Falcon and Iron Man in time become.
Rhodes suffers from paraplegia, but later gets walking aids developed by Tony Stark, which are very similar to the exoskeleton of Iron Man armor. He agrees with Tony once again that he is loyal to him.
Avengers: Infinity War [edit | Edit source]
When Cap, Falcon, Black Widow, Vision and Wanda Maximoff arrive at the Avenger headquarters, only Rhodes and Bruce Banner are there. Thaddeus Ross, the U.S. Secretary of State, gives Rhodes the hologram to arrest Steve Rogers immediately, but Rhodes refuses and ends the "call".
Rhodes wants to help Steve despite the events of the past and they all travel to Wakanda together. In the battle against Thano's army, War Machine and Falcon act from the air and it quickly becomes clear that a friendship has developed between the two, even though they belong to different sides of the Avengers.
Captain Marvel [edit | Edit source]
After discovering the two-way pager, which was reactivated by Nick Fury before his death, the Avengers successfully bypassed the pager's entire battery so that it could continue to broadcast its signal.
When Rhodes and the others looked at it to try to understand what had happened, Rogers had asked that they try restarting the pager and resending the signal, to which Bruce Banner could only reply that she couldn't would know what the signal was for. When Romanoff stated that Fury knew who the signal was for and also wanted to know who it was for; and so it came about that the Avengers were face to face with Captain Marvel, who then demanded to tell her where Fury was.
Avengers: Endgame [edit | Edit source]
James Rhodes and the Avengers mourn the loss of half the living beings and couldn't even get them back because Thanos destroyed the Infinity Stones. It's been 5 years, but when Scott Lang aka Ant-Man comes back and tells you how, there was a chance to bring everyone back. War machine made the proposal to travel to the time when Thanos was still a baby and kill him there, no one agreed. The Avengers traveled to different times to get the stones, War Machine traveled with Nebula, Black Widow and Hawkeye to 2014 to grab the Soul and Power Stone. War machine won the power stone with Nebula and, with the exception of Nebula, will return to the year 2023. Thanos of the past learns of the Avengers' plan and also traveled to the year 2023, when the superheroes battle the Black Order. Tony Stark dies in the process because he had to use the power of the stones. For James, the death of his best friend is a severe blow, like all other superheroes, he was also present at Tony's funeral.
Marvel's The Falcon & the Winter Soldier Edit source]
A new world Edit source]
Upon his return to Washington, D.C. Sam Wilson brings Steve Rogers' shield back to the Smithsonian to preserve and celebrate his legacy. He meets with his Avengers colleague Rhodey while the two ponder the impact of the Blip on the world: Alliances have broken and friends are now enemies. Rhodey then says they'll keep in touch.
Trivia [edit | Edit source]
- In Iron Man, Rhodey was played by Terrence Howard, in Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The First Avenger: Civil War and Avengers: Infinty War by Don Cheadle.
- Since he himself considers the name change from War Machine to Iron Patriot to be nonsense, he has created a password on his military server, which is "WARMACHINEROX".
- After Tony blasted all of his armor, Rhodey was the only person in possession of any armor.
- In the original comic, there are different people behind War Machine and the Iron Patriot. While Rhodey is also in the comic War Machine, the Iron Patriot is none other than Norman Osborn, better known as the Green Goblin. He was rehabilitated and made director of S.H.I.E.L.D. appointed for being instrumental in suppressing a Skrull invasion of Earth. He replaced S.H.I.E.L.D. through his own organization H.A.M.M.E.R. and led her as an Iron Patriot. The Dark Avengers stood by his side.
Equipment [edit | Edit source]
- Iron Man MK II, it was Tony Stark's second Iron Man suit, greatly refining the bulky and rudimentary design of the previous Mark I suit, resulting in a far more articulate and sleek design.
- War Machine MK I., it was originally Tony Stark's Mark II armor, which was confiscated and heavily modified with various weapon and armor additions.
- War Machine MK II, armor designed by Tony Stark, similar to Iron Man, but with heavier weapons.
- War Machine MK III, a new, slightly heavier armor than the MK II. It has a new rotary cannon, just like the conversion of the Iron Man MK II had one. There is also an electric baton that is kept in the right rear shoulder armor.
- Was machine MK IV, is the fourth armor used by James Rhodes. It was created sometime after Civil War to replace the Mark III War Machine Armor, which was damaged by Vision during the battle of the Avengers.
- Was Machine MK V, is the fifth armor that James Rhodes used to replace the Mark IV War Machine armor.
- Was machine MK VI, is the sixth armor that James Rhodes used to replace the Mark V War Machine armor.
Pictures [edit | Edit source]
- Why are Instacart prices so high
- Do you have a slave right now?
- Why is humanity the greatest religion
- What is the NET framework actually
- How has technology affected communication?
- What is scalping in stock trading
- What is a coworking cafe
- Why don't I remember my dreams
- Is it worth waiting for true love
- Are there Jewish white nationalists
- Why do some people not eat mushrooms
- How to paint concrete walls
- Should the punishment for criminals be harsher
- What is a medical college admission test
- How do people meet in Kazakhstan
- What should a research question contain
- How to get Cuban citizenship
- Is the corporal punishment of children ever justified?
- What sets great people apart from average people
- Is the Canon 700D a good camera
- Is nursing a social science
- Which shipping does Nike use
- How did America achieve independence?
- What is your favorite clothing brand and design