What should be avoided during Ayurvedic treatment
Strengthen the immune system with Ayurveda
In addition to massages, cleansing rituals and physical exercises such as yoga, nutrition is a central element of the Ayurvedic way of life. All elements together ensure that important body functions such as metabolism, digestion and tissue remain in balance, thus strengthening the immune system and preventing diseases.
The Ayurveda principle is based on this
At the center of Ayurveda is the concept of the three doshas (life energies): The three dosha concept explains how the five elements that build and maintain the body are controlled by three principles.
- Vata = air and ether (space)
- Pitta = fire and water
- Kapha = earth and water
Each of us has all three doshas, but in different forms. If one of these three principles becomes too strong or too weak, there is a tendency towards illness.
The diet in Ayurveda
Ayurveda works on the basis of a person's individual makeup, which makes certain foods, teas, herbs and spices recommended while others should be avoided.
The most important behavioral rule in Ayurvedic nutrition is: plan a break of at least four hours between all main meals. The food should be digested before eating anything new.
Most of the food is eaten cooked. Raw food is only allowed at lunchtime. In the evening it is advisable to have light and warm meals such as soups, stews, rice with vegetables or pasta dishes and to completely avoid raw vegetables.
Feel free to read our blog post on intermittent fasting
Ayurvedic tips that you can implement right away:
- Eat small amounts regularly and according to the time of day.
- In the morning, drink a glass of warm water with a dash of lemon and honey
- Use Ayurvedic spices such as kukurma, cumin, garam, masala, chilli or ginger for seasoning as they stimulate digestion.
- Cook or fry with pure butter fat (ghee).
- Avoid cheese, raw vegetables, meat and raw fruit in the evening.
Would you like to try out some Ayurveda? We have selected a delicious recipe for you.
Golden Milk / Turmeric Latte
The golden milk owes its name to the unique golden yellow color. This healthy drink is a popular drink in winter. In all Ayurveda types, it stimulates digestion and has a detoxifying effect.
- 1 cup of almond or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric paste
- If you like, you can add ½ teaspoon of saffron threads and cardamom
- little virgin organic coconut oil
- Maple syrup, honey or pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except the oil in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- If necessary, dilute the mixture with water.
- Now just pour into a cup and stir in the coconut oil - done!
"Eat something (supposedly) unhealthy with joy in your heart more often than with constant reluctance to eat something (supposedly) healthy." (Dr. György Irmey)
Good to know
If you have taken out supplementary insurance with us, Visana will cover up to 90 percent of the costs for alternative forms of treatment such as Ayurveda or TCM.
No complementary supplementary insurance yet?
Do you receive regular tips about nutrition, exercise and health? Then register here for our free blog newsletter.
> Subscribe to the newsletter
My heart beats for everything that has to do with family life, blogging, trends and design. I've always been a creative mind. That is why I had my family and recipe blog ZigZagFood.org up until now, on which I could manage. I have currently put the blog on hold and have been working in the online marketing team at Visana for a year, where I am allowed to oversee the blog. In my free time, I like to try out delicious and, above all, healthy food trends. I like to do handicrafts and design or I am out and about in nature. As a mother of two girls and a product designer, based on Dostoyevsky's quote “Beauty saves the world”, I can prepare and share with you impressions from family life, craft ideas, recipes, health tips and other exciting topics.
- What are the best beaches in Dominica
- What does yaw mean
- What good is it to study MS?
- How long is kimchi stew good for
- Why do you think you are ambitious
- Why are leather furniture so popular
- What are your hopes and dreams
- Why are Instacart prices so high
- Which accessories should I buy
- The right to freedom is being abused
- How can I overcome bipolar disorder
- Why do people commit genocide
- Why did the US allow slavery?
- Which successful countries have open borders?
- Trump has Mexican ancestry
- How does a company run
- Why are marching bands so iconic
- What happens now that Trump is charged
- Is Australia Asia or Europe
- What would dentists prefer if patients don't ask?
- In which country are extroverts celebrated
- Many people are open-minded
- Why don't people like to dance
- What do you think of Hanoi Vietnam
- How can I stop being a misanthrope?
- What is your opinion on socialism
- Why is Eastern Europe fragmented
- When do you stop having dreams?
- What is a PR Visa
- How is tanzanite mined
- What determines non-residency in Canada
- Why did the US allow slavery?
- What does Daasht Toosh mean in Persian
- Why do Africans have so many children