Muslim women actually wear bikinis
Commentary Religion is private, the headscarf is a symbol of Helmut Brandstätter in courier From November 28, 2015 we allow ourselves a few comments - in accordance with cultural and social anthropological findings.
Muslim women who cover their heads have tirelessly declared in recent years that they do this not because their male relatives dictate it, but because they believe that Islam and the Koran dictate it to them.
If there are differences of opinion within Islam as to whether this is actually a Koranic commandment or not, women want to decide for themselves whether or not to cover their heads and not leave this decision to men, not to their own and not to others. In this comment, a non-Muslim man wants to define how Muslim women should present their bodies to the public. Who exactly is oppressing the Muslim woman?
Wearing the headscarf is part of religious practice, and the freedom to practice one's religion is guaranteed in human rights and in the Austrian constitution. No one can force a woman to cover her, and no one can forbid her, no man, no other woman, no law, no ordinance, no rule - just as there can be no compulsion to wear a cross around one's neck or not.
Since Muslim customs and attitudes are now also known in Austrian editorial offices, one has to regret that this article is intended to stir up a mood against members of Islam. Unfortunately, the goal can only be to appeal to the readership in the far right corners of the country.
"We have achieved a peaceful coexistence of religions in Austria," reads there. Unfortunately, such articles endanger this peaceful coexistence.
Filed under Islam, Islamophobia, Courier With keywords headscarf
- Is digital marketing good bad
- Do breast implants affect breastfeeding?
- How does geography affect politics?
- What is your favorite backpack for international travel
- What is the British National Party
- Is the Transcendental Meditation silent
- Can bend waterway snow
- What does a 75-year celebration mean?
- What has humiliated you the most in life
- How to study fashion design
- Do international demonstrations support the work in Hong Kong
- What is the best laptop for 500
- What caste is Jadav
- Am I too young for my age
- How can I learn Hadoop at home
- How does the skin get its color
- Why is network management important
- Did Trump save the US auto business?
- How do I create a prima donna
- What is the government of ancient India
- We study some top engineering students
- Is Vietnam a regional power country
- How many universities are there in Argentina
- How do I make all natural soap