Product industrial designers can become fashion designers
What comes after the fashion design degree or the fashion design apprenticeship? Here we introduce you to professions from the fashion industry that have to do with design, tailoring and sewing - i.e. all professions that require manual or creative skills.
You can't just become a fashion designer - even if the concept alone makes it obvious. There are more professions in fashion design. For most of them you need appropriate training, for some a fashion degree can be promising.
We will introduce you to the following professions:
Accessories designers create bags, shoes, belts, glasses, scarves and other parts that make an outfit complete. They either act independently and sell their goods in their own shop or to fashion houses, or they act on behalf of a label and adapt their designs to the desired style.
Accessory designers come up with new designs and put them on paper or create drafts with suitable software and hardware directly on the computer. You design individual items or entire collections. In doing so, they pay attention to current trends, for example which colors or materials are currently popular. If the client likes the design, they make prototypes or have the accessories produced directly in large numbers. They accompany the entire production process, for example they check whether the quality of the workmanship and the material is right.
- Universities for a fashion design degree
- Provider of fashion design training
A clothing pattern maker works in production and creates patterns for items of clothing, whether on fabric or paper. They are also called recorders or cut recorders and are mainly employed by clothing manufacturers and in fashion studios. Here they are involved in the manufacturing process of all types of clothing (women's, men's and children's fashion as well as accessories) by preparing cuts for production. The work is usually carried out standing up and takes place alone, but in coordination with design and production.
One of the most important tasks for clothing pattern makers is that they pay particular attention to creating economical markers so that there is as little waste as possible.
In order to create patterns, garment pattern makers either cut layers of fabric by hand using paper templates and templates or use computer-aided cutting machines that they have programmed accordingly beforehand. In doing so, they strictly ensure that the material is used sparingly so as not to waste any of the large layers of fabric. So you have to do intersection calculations. After the cut, they check the quality of their work. Even if they carry out their actual manual work alone and work precisely with high concentration, they coordinate with their colleagues in connection with further processing.
- Training in textile technology in similar areas (e.g. fashion sewing or fashion tailors)
Not only fashion has to be designed, but also other textiles. Textile designers design fabrics, color and structure patterns, home textiles, seat cushions, awnings, work clothing and much more. You are mainly involved in textile production, but you are also self-employed.
Textile designers come up with a concept for a textile that usually starts on paper. Shape, pattern, color - everything is drawn until it corresponds to your own ideas. They then tailor a sample on selected fabrics and present it to the customer or the textile manager. When the product goes into production, textile designers are often involved in controlling the manufacturing processes, think about marketing strategies and calculate the costs.
- What's your million dollar idea
- Why did Hinata betray Naruto
- Are there jats in the RSS organization
- What are consumer behavior models
- How do I overcome being ignorant?
- How do you like Amsterdam
- Can I take these additions together?
- Can an investor short-circuit a country
- What surprised you about your own home?
- Which Indian city has the cleanest air?
- What is the biggest slang word
- What are common scams when shopping online
- Why do Turks consider themselves Europeans
- What is Egyptian art
- How did America affect the Philippines?
- Has social media ruined entrepreneurship
- Should I get involved in the franchise business?
- What are the best fashion websites
- What is ScoopWhoop
- What helps in getting married
- Is Canada good for Indian students
- Which nouns are feminine in French?
- What is the GST in temple construction
- Your contact information has changed
- Why am I sadistic
- Why is Russia such a powerful country
- What is the consequence of the aging population
- What are fashion accessories for kids online
- Can WhatsApp messages be deleted after they have been sent
- What are the most common causes of fire
- How do atoms interact
- Creatine affects the kidneys
- Is the Souled Store profitable