Can an adverb change a noun phrase
Back to overview
The adjective phrase (lat. adiectivum, 'Attached', 'added') is a complex phrasecoming from an adjective as head, a possible preceding intensity particle and further preceding supplements, the form of the supplement being determined by the adjective. The head can be attributive, adverbial or predictive used adjective. Usually this is upside down On the right side the phrase.
Adjective phrases mostly act as modifiers of noun phrases. They are thus extensions of the head of noun phrases and thus become part of more or less complex noun phrases.
"Anna enters red Dress. "The adjective phrase here consists only of the attributive head" red ", which modifies the noun phrase" a [...] dress "and is therefore optional.
"Anna's dress is very nice. ”The adjective phrase“ very beautiful ”is used predicatively here, which can be seen from the fact that the adjective phrase is behind a copula verb outside the noun phrase. "Beautiful" is the head of the phrase, while "very" is the extension in the form of an intensity particle.
“Anna is running incredibly fast in her dress. ”The adjective phrase“ unbelievably fast ”is adverbial because it stands outside the noun phrase and specifies the verb“ run ”in more detail. The head of the phrase is “fast”, while “incomprehensible” is an extension of the phrase in the form of an adjective in the function of a particle of intensity.
Relevant knowledge framework (frame)
Adjective phrase evokes the phrase frame.
The following frame elements were used in the definition:
REALIZATION TYPE (used as "attributive", "adverbial", "predicative")POSITION (used as "on the right")
- Is XL and XXL an oversize
- How can cash flow problems be overcome
- Popular culture What is today's counterculture
- How and when did patriotism begin
- What is Taylor Swift's IQ
- What is foot corn
- Why are my dreams so unrealistic
- Does Ceragem Therapy really cure diseases
- Whose control is the Delhi Police
- What is the best English Arabic translation
- Are the hours in investment banking exaggerated?
- How are political science and geography related?
- Which fashion trends should never have happened
- Filipino Negritos are related to Australian Aborigines
- How many newspapers are there in India
- How many socialists are there in the world?
- Do you like nature
- What does IBB TH
- Is Japan more developed than the EU countries
- America is an ideal place to live
- I'm 50 Can I get younger
- Who is the wife of Arnab Goswami
- What's the filthiest truth you know
- What are some examples of Australian superstitions