How many girlfriends did George Clooney have
That's why George Clooney gave his friends $ 14 million as a gift
For years it has been rumored that George Clooney gave his friends large sums of money. Now the Hollywood star confirms the story, justifies the step and goes into detail.
Hollywood star George Clooney gave 14 of his closest friends one million US dollars each in cash - that's currently around 840,000 euros. The 59-year-old US star confirmed this in an interview with "GQ" magazine on the occasion of his election as icon of the year.
Clooney revealed that he invited his friends - a group known only as "The Boys" - to his home in 2013 and given each of them a suitcase with the money. The only confirmed recipient is therefore his longtime friend and business partner Rande Gerber - the husband of ex-supermodel Cindy Crawford.
Rande Gerber, Cindy Crawford and George Clooney: The trio are good friends and apparently also connected to each other through large sums of money. (Source: imago images / ZUMA Press)
Clooney said he made this generous gesture shortly after receiving his fee in 2013 for the seven-time Oscar-winning film "Gravity". At the time he was single and had no plans to start a family. "I thought I will never get married. I will not have any children. I will work, I have great friends, my life is fulfilled, I am fine," said the US star.
"They would all be anchored in the will"
Those so rich had "helped him in one way or another over a period of 35 years," explains Clooney. "I thought without them I wouldn't have any of this. And we're all very close, and I just thought if I got hit by a bus they'd all be in the will ... But why the hell am I waiting for it to be run over by a bus? "
The irony of the story: Exactly one year to the day after the money was handed over, on September 27, 2014, he and the British-Lebanese lawyer Amal Alamuddin married. They have been the parents of twins Ella and Alexander Clooney since early summer 2017. "I didn't know how empty it was until I met Amal. And then everything changed," he added in the interview.
- Should we use sunscreen indoors
- How can you listen to metal
- What is the benefit of international marriage
- Which US states border the ocean
- Who celebrates harder British or American
- Is the MBTI type given at birth
- How are the prisons in California?
- How to study in the UK
- What are some unnecessary things you do
- What are the benefits of IELTS
- How do you say partner in Tagalog
- What is your favorite female privilege moment
- How are laws developed
- What actually is technology
- What do you think of Schrodinger's cat
- What are consumer behavior models
- How many S3 buckets can I create
- Does religion influence your value system?
- Signed Manchester United Koke Why
- What is common between acetone and formalin
- Which textile product brings more profit?
- Who is the most naughty celebrity
- How can I resolve the TRV denial in Canada
- Should Austria merge with Germany