What ancestry do Mexicans have
However, a study published in April this year by the Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Geografía (INEGI), a Mexican government agency for economic and geographic data collection, sparked debate. For the survey, the institute used a classification system with 11 skin tones. According to the results, there was a large educational deficit among people with dark skin tones, while those with lighter skin tones reported a higher level of education. The same imbalance has been found in employment: fair skin appears to be a factor in achieving better jobs.
In the social networks, the emotions immediately boiled high. Some agreed with the results of the study and considered them to be truisms. The others saw the questioning as an attempt to divide society. Apparently, the representation of the ethnic groups in the media is consistent with the findings. Whether the prejudices are correct is, of course, a completely different question.
Another example is the language found daily in forums and social media dealing with societal issues. The political, economic and intellectual elites often use adjectives and ascriptions to express moral superiority. Certain terms - such as "Indio" - define "the others" as economically inferior and of dark skin in order to disqualify and disregard their concerns.
Conversely, terms are used to describe the elites - sometimes with colonial connotations. "Mirrey" sounds something like "virrey" (viceroy) and means "my lord". The word is used for a member of the privileged class to which he belongs not by virtue of his own merit, but because of his parentage. A “Mirrey” shows off his wealth and influence and at the same time expresses contempt for the social condition of the country - without, of course, recognizing that his position is a consequence of it. A “Mirrey” does not have to adhere to the rules that apply to the others and enjoys impunity, which he takes advantage of at every opportunity. (vm)
- What is the Coinbase phone number
- Why do some liberals hate Christians
- Where did Australia get its democracy from?
- How did the samurai make their armor
- What do the biodegradable ones have in common?
- Who killed the Chinese in World War II
- What is your country's unofficial anthem
- VC loves investing in social media
- Where can I get gold sellers
- When RSS was formed
- What makes the Tamil Nadu kitchen unique
- What is the difference between birthstones
- Why do most Filipinos like half the Filipinos
- Are whites better than blacks
- Celebrate the people of India
- Why do parents use authoritative parenting
- What are pharmaceutical raw materials
- Which is the best school in Trivandrum
- Why do you need to visit Africa
- Why is OOP important for programming
- How do religions arise
- What do the Singaporeans think of Spain
- European Union Should Europe be supranational or separate
- What is the significance of basic duties